15 feb 2014

My Most Anticipated Films of 2014


The following films are the ones I'm most looking forward to this year:

1) Interstellar: The film I'm anticipating the most. If there was only one film I could see from 2014 this would be it. I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan, and I'm also looking forward to what Matthew McConaughey will do here.

2) Noah: I will watch anything Aronofsky directs. Plus I love the story of Noah so I'm looking forward to this epic film starring Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly (who returns to work with Aronofsky after Requiem for a Dream).

3) Gone Girl: David Fincher seems to be returning to the genre that he does best: thrillers. The cast also looks interesting (starring Ben Affleck and Reese Witherspoon).

4) Midnight Special: Jeff Nicols recently directed my favorite film of 2013, Mud. He also directed the wonderful Taking Shelter, so I'm looking forward to this film despite not knowing much about it.

5) Inherent Vice: Paul Thomas Anderson and Joaquin Phoenix reunited again! I'm in!

6) Foxcatcher: The director that brought us Moneyball and Capote is back for another film that is looking pretty good.




7) The Grand Budapest Hotel: Wes Anderson and an impressive cast. This looks really good.

8) Boyhood: Richard Linklater's 12 year project. I've enjoyed all his films and this will probably continue his streak with me.


9) Enemy: Jake Gyllenhaal and Denis Villeneuve are teaming up together again after the success of Prisoners. I'm also looking forward to seeing Melanie Laurent again.

10) Whiplash: Last year Fruitvale Station won big in Sundance and I really ended up enjoying it so this year's winner, Whiplash, is looking good.

11) X-Men Day of Future Past: Perhaps my most anticipated blockbuster film, this has the potential to rank amongst the best superhero films.

12) Sin City A Dame To Kill For: I was a huge fan of the first film, so I'm looking forward to this sequel.

13) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: I wasn't a huge fan of this franchise until I watched the reboot and I was won over. I want to see what Andy Serkis brings to his role now that Caesar will be more mature.


14) How to Train Your Dragon 2: Finally an animated sequel I'm really looking forward to!

15) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1: This franchise has got me hooked. I like anything Jennifer Lawrence is doing these days.

16) The Raid 2: Berendal: The Raid was spectacular and there is no point in not wanting to see its sequel.

17) Jupiter Ascending: The Wachowski's always interest me. This science fiction film is looking interesting.


18) Laggies: Chloe Garce Moretz, Keira Knightley, and Sam Rockwell star in Laggies. Should I say more?

19) Divergent: Directed by Neil Burger (The Illusionist and Limitless)

20) Serena: Susanne Bier directs Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.

Other films I'm also looking forward but didn't crack my top 20 are: Exodus, Clouds of Sils Maria, and Jane Got a Gun.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario