25 feb 2012

My 2012 Oscar Predictions

¨And the Oscar goes to…The Artist¨

I may not always agree with the Oscars nor the movies they nominate, but I do have to admit that I´m a huge fan and always find myself watching the show every year and trying to predict the winners. This year I was disappointed that most of my favorite movies weren’t nominated such as Drive, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Warrior, and Harry Potter, but I`m glad for some of the films chosen like Moneyball, The Tree of Life, The Artist, Hugo, and Midnight in Paris which were all excellent choices. Since I`m going to try to predict the Oscars I will pick who I think will win in every category and also pick who I would vote for out of the nominees. My favorite movie of the year was Drive and it wasn’t nominated, but I will choose from the nominated films which one was my favorite, and so on in each category.

Best Film: The Artist will win, but my favorite of the group was Moneyball.
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist) will win, but if I voted I would choose Scorsese.

Best Actor: Jean Dujardin (The Artist), but my favorite was Gary Oldman from Tinker Tailor

Best Actress: Viola Davis (The Help), but I enjoyed Rooney Mara`s performance the most.

Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer (Begginners), but my favorite was Nick Nolte.

Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer (The Help) will win and is an excellent choice.

Original Screenplay: Midnight in Paris was the best and it will win.

Adapted Screenplay: The Descendants will win, but I enjoyed Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy more.

Animated Feature: Rango will win, but my favorite was Rio.

Foreign Film: A Separation will win and it is well deserved.

Best Documentary: This is a tight race, I`m going with Paradise Lost 3.

Art Direction: Hugo

Cinematography: The Tree of Life should win, it`s the best by far.

Costume Design: The Artist will sweep the Oscars in my opinion

Editing: The Artist

Makeup: Harry Potter

Best Song: Man or Muppet from The Muppets

Best Score: The Artist

Sound Mixing: Hugo

Sound Editing: Hugo will sweep both sound categories.

Visual Effects: Rise of the Planet of the Apes was impressive.

Animated Short: I will have to guess here: La Luna takes the Oscar

Documentary Short: The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom

Live Action Short: My guess is Raju, but The Shore could also take it.

If my predictions are correct then the big winner of the night will be The Artist with 6 Oscar wins, while Hugo will earn 3 statuettes, and The Help will get two from the female performances. The rest of the films will not earn more than one Oscar, but that is my prediction and with the Oscars we will never know for sure. This is what I`m betting on for the big night and we`ll see how close I came to guessing the 24 winners.

If I would have to give out the Oscars then I would probably give Drive the Oscar for Best Picture and Nicolas Winding Refn the Oscar for best director. Best Actor for Ryan Gosling (Drive), Supporting a tie between Nick Nolte (Warrior) and Alan Rickman (Harry Potter), Best Actress Rooney Mara (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), and Supporting Actress for Elle Fanning in Super 8. I would also give a special recognition to Mel Gibson for his work in The Beaver which was greatly ignored.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario